Auto-restart playback to a UPnP device
In unmanned situations such as industrial applications and digital signs, it is useful to automatically have a stream played to a digital media player, even if the Networked VGA Grid restarts.
To configure auto-restart of a stream to a media player:
- Login to the Admin panel as admin. See Connect to the Admin panel.
- Click the UPnP link in the Configuration section; the UPnP configuration page opens.
- Scroll to the Play on service start section.
- Select a stream to use from the Live stream drop-down list.
- Select a digital media player from the Player drop-down list. (Digital media players on your network that support UPnP playback will automatically appear in the drop-down list.)
- Click Apply.
Only a single stream and player combination can be configured for auto play. The channel's UPnP configuration must be enabled for it to appear.