Tether to a mobile network
When the system falls over to the backup network type (i.e. from Ethernet to mobile, or vice versa) all streaming sessions with clients or servers directly connected to the
By contrast, actively published streams are closed and reconnected via the secondary network (mobile or Ethernet) automatically, permitted the required publishing server is accessible from the new network.
To configure tethering to a mobile network:
- Configure the mobile device to allow tethering via USB.
- Connect the mobile device to
theStandalone VGA Grid with a USB cable.
- Login to the Admin panel as admin. See Connect to the Admin panel.
- Select the Network link in the Configuration menu; the network configuration page opens.
- Click the drop-down box next to Use phone/tablet connection in the USB phone/tablet section; the following choices appear:
Mobile Tethering Options
|Disabled||Specifies that no USB tethering is permitted.|
|No tethering||Specifies that USB tethering is available for connecting a mobile device as a configuration utility (i.e. using the web browser), but no mobile data is used.|
|Prefer ethernet||When chosen, the system tries to use the Ethernet network first. It switches to use the mobile network (tethering) when the Ethernet network is no longer available. To prevent viewer interruptions, mobile data will continue to be used until the mobile network is down or publishing is restarted.|
When chosen, the system tries to use the mobile network (tethering) first. It switches to use Ethernet (hard-wired) when the mobile network is no longer available. To prevent viewer interruptions, Ethernet data will continue to be used until the Ethernet network is down or publishing is restarted.
Select this setting if you only have a mobile network.
- Select your choice based on the table above.
- Click Apply.