Video looks squished (VGA sources only)
The image is squeezed horizontally on the screen. This distortion occurs when there's a mismatch between the aspect ratio
- Login to the Admin panel as admin. See Connect to the Admin panel.
- From the Admin panel, click Info; the info window opens
with a list of all configured channels.
- Compare the aspect ratio from the source with the aspect ratio from the Standalone VGA Grid info window. Confirm if there is a mismatch.
- If there is a mismatch, go to the
Encoding pagefor the channel and change the frame size to match the frame size that is sent from the source. See Configure encoding .
- If the video is still squeezed horizontally on the screen, follow the steps below.
From the Admin panel, scroll to the Sources menu option.
Click on the source for which you want to change the aspect ratio; the source configuration page opens.
- Scroll to the Aspect ratio setting.
- Select Wide mode from the drop-down menu, when the source is wider than what is being displayed in the preview or Live View.
- Click Apply.
View the output in the Snapshot preview below.