Share your iPad Screen during a GoToMeeting Web Video Conference
GoToMeeting participants are used to sharing their desktop and webcams during video conferences with VoIP and/or telephone audio support. They also have many platform options to choose from when they join a GoToMeeting including Mac, PC and most smartphones and tablets. However, sharing the display of iPads, smartphones or tablets is typically not possible directly within GoToMeeting.
With Epiphan frame and video grabbers, you can share the screen of almost any device, including iPads, iPhones, external cameras, video game consoles or any other device with a video-out port, with your peers during a GoToMeeting video conference.
Read the following guide to learn how to share an iPad during your GoToMeeting session.
- A GoToMeeting account (and the practical knowledge of how to host or join a Video Conference)
- An Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 video grabber (or another Epiphan frame grabber)
- An iPad or device that has a video source you want to capture. The device must have a video-out port (e.g. HDMI™, DVI, VGA, Component, etc) or a cable that converts to video out (e.g. an Apple Video adapter).
The DVI2USB 3.0 uses power from the computer’s USB port and does not require any other power source or adapter.
For this particular example:
- Apple iPad (2nd generation or newer running latest version of iOS)
- An HDMI cable (if not using a VGA video adapter)
- An Apple video adapter for your iPad (for a wired connection) OR
- A 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV (only required for wireless sharing of an iPad)
How to connect your iPad for use in a GoToMeeting Video Conference
You can connect your iPad both at least two ways; wired and wirelessly. Please read either of the two options as described below.