Share an iPad screen during a Cisco WebEx Meeting
Cisco WebEx Meeting users know that sharing their desktop, laptop built-in camera, or virtual whiteboard is easy to do. But what if you need to share a tablet, mobile phone or some other device? Using Epiphan’s frame and video grabbers, you can share nearly any device during a WebEx Meeting. Share the screen from an iPad, iPhone, external camera, video game console, ultrasound display or nearly any other device with a video- out port. You can adapt this procedure to work with any other device by following the wired connection option.
- A WebEx account (and knowledge of how to host or join a WebEx Meeting)
- An Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 video grabber (or another Epiphan frame grabber)
- A device that has a video source you want to capture. The device must have a video-out port (e.g. HDMI™, DVI, VGA, Component, etc) or a cable that converts to video out (e.g. an Apple Video adapter).
The DVI2USB 3.0 uses power from the computer’s USB port and does not require any other power source or adapter.
For this particular example:
- Apple iPad (2nd generation or newer running latest version of iOS)
- An HDMI cable (if not using a VGA video adapter)
- An Apple video adapter for your iPad (for a wired connection) OR
- A 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV (only required for wireless sharing of an iPad)
How to connect your iPad for use in a WebEx Meeting
You can connect your iPad both at least two ways, wired and wirelessly. Please read either of the two options as described below.