Epiphan Video Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing goods and services to people with disabilities
Epiphan Video is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities. We work to create and promote equality for people with disabilities through awareness and open communication. In doing so, we take the following measures into consideration.
We will ensure that appropriate team members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices on-site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, the Ottawa location of Epiphan Video will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed on the front door of the office.
Epiphan Video will provide training to employees, volunteers, and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. We will train team members who deal with customers who not only access Epiphan Video’s goods or services but also those who take part in business-to-business relationships. Individuals in the following departments will be trained:
- Customer support
- Supply Chain/Logistics
This training will be provided to staff three months after hire. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Epiphan Video’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use all the equipment and devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Epiphan Video’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Epiphan Video provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or provide feedback in the comment box on the bulletin board.
All feedback, including complaints, will be sorted and directed to the correct individual. Customers can expect to hear back in 24 hours.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Epiphan Video that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.