Configure HTTP and RTSP streaming ports
For RTSP streaming directly to users on your LAN the only information required to view the broadcast is the URL and the port number used to stream the broadcast.
Port numbers are also used for HTTP streaming methods such as FLV, ASF and MPEG-TS.
To set the HTTP and RTSP streaming ports for streaming to viewers on the same network, follow the steps below.
- Login to the Admin panel as admin. See Connect to the Admin panel.
- From the Admin panel, click a Channel; the menu expands.
- Click Streaming; the channel's Streaming page opens.
- Set the HTTP Streaming port to specify the port used to stream the HTTP broadcast. This value along with the URL is used by viewers to access the FLV, ASF and MPEG-TS streams.
The port number must be higher than 500 for HTTP. In the case of RTSP streaming this value is ignored.
- Set the RTSP Streaming port to specify which port to use when you are streaming live video via RTSP. This value along with the URL is used by viewers to access the broadcast. The default for channel one is 554.
- Click Apply.