To set the time synchronization method:
- Login to the Admin panel as admin. See Connect to the Admin panel.
- Select the Date and Time link in the Configuration menu; the date and time configuration page opens.
- Click the Enable time synchronization radio button if it is not already selected.
- Choose one of the following choices from the Protocols drop down:
Synchronized Time Options
|Network Time Protocol (NTP) is used for clock synchronization over the internet. There are many publicly available NTP servers you can use, or your company may have its own NTP server. For more information about NTP and to find NTP servers, refer to http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome.
|RDATE is a tool for querying the current time from the network. It is generally considered obsolete and has been replaced by NTP. It's offered here for backwards compatibility with older timekeeping systems.
|The Precision Time Protocol (PTP) is used for clock synchronization over the internet. It has clock accuracy in the sub-microsecond range, making it more granular than NTP.
- Tailor the synchronization protocol with the required parameters as described below.
- If NTP is selected:
- Enter the IP address or server name for the NTP server in the Server IP Address field.
NTP uses UDP packets and port 123. If the
- If RDATE is selected:
- Enter the IP address or server name for the RDATE server in the Server IP Address field.
- Select an update interval from the drop down box.
- If PTP v1 is selected:
- Select the multicast address of PTP v1 server from the PTP domain drop-down.
PTP Domain Description Default PTP at multicast address 22.214.171.124 Alternative 1 PTP at multicast address 126.96.36.199 Alternative 2 PTP at multicast address 188.8.131.52 Alternative 3 PTP at multicast address 184.108.40.206
PTP uses UDP packets and ports 319 and 320 . If the
- Click Apply.