Using the local FTP server
Once you have configured a local FTP server, you can use the tool of your choice to download files from the
To get started you will need:
- The IP address of your
system(found in the Network configuration menu)
- An FTP tool
- The username and password for your FTP user (See Configure the local FTP server)
In the example below, the IP address of
To connect to the FTP server:
- Open a command window on Windows (alternatively open a terminal window on Linux/Mac, or open your FTP utility of choice).
- Establish an ftp connection using the command: ftp 192.168.1.210.
- Provide the username: admin (provide the username of your FTP user).
- Provide the password: (provide the correct password for your FTP user); the connection is opened.
- Use the dir command to see the file structure.
- Use dir or your tool’s GUI to look in each folder for recordings.
- Use get or your tool’s transfer mechanism to transfer files to your computer.
- If enabled in the FTP configuration page, delete the file after downloading it by issuing the delete command, or using your tool’s delete mechanism.
If the delete command is not enabled, attempting to delete a file will result in an Unknown Command error.