To stream content to a CDN using RTMP push
This is the most common method to stream to a CDN, as it is used by many CDNs including both Facebook Live and YouTube.
- Login to the Admin panel as admin. See Connect to the Admin panel.
- From the Admin panel, click a Channel; the menu expands.
- Click Streaming; the channel's Streaming page opens.
- From the Admin panel, scroll to the Publish Stream menu option. The Publish Stream page opens.
- Click the
- Choose RTMP push from the drop-down menu.
- If there are no Start and Stop streaming buttons on-screen, click Apply; the page refreshes and the Start and Stop streaming buttons appear.
- If streaming is enabled (started), click the Stop streaming button (next to the Publish Status label); streaming is disabled.
- Enter the ingest point URL provided by the media server or CDN.
- In the Stream name field, enter the stream name you configured with the CDN.
- Enter the CDN user name and password.
The CDN provider assigns a user name and password to authenticate the publisher. Contact the CDN provider for your log in credentials.
- Click Apply.
- When ready to begin streaming, click Start. (See
See Controlling streaming and recording using Epiphan Live for instructions on streaming control using the Epiphan Live control interface.)
- You may delete the stream at any time using the Delete this stream button.