Show it, record it, share it.
Whether you want to share video with friends, colleagues or the whole world, don’t be limited by what you can show from your desktop or with a webcam. Video grabbers let you digitally capture video from any source. Record it, share it, stream it, teach it, edit it, mix it and make something new with it.
What is a video grabber?
Video grabbers (also called frame grabbers or capture cards) are devices that capture video* from a video source. From there you can record to your computer, stream it to others or build it into a larger multimedia presentation.
* some video grabbers also capture audio
What can I capture?
Video grabbers can capture from just about anything that has a video output port with great picture quality and fidelity. Devices you can capture would include HD cameras, 4K cameras, other computers, tablets, iPads, mobile phones, medical equipment, custom created hardware, scientific equipment and more.
How do Epiphan video grabbers work?
Connect your device
to the video grabber
- Capture HDMI, SDI, DVI, VGA signals
- Frame rates up to 60 fps
- Resolutions up to 4K (UHD and DCI)
When would I use a video grabber?
- In live event production. Capture any VGA, DVI, HDMI or SDI source at almost any resolution and feed your streaming provider at up to 60 fps in HD.
- To share live video (other then a webcam) during web conferences. Be free to share HD cameras, iPads, mobile devices, secondary computer screens, document cameras, medical equipment and more.
- To create compelling interactive remote education, distance learning or online training.
- In medicine, to capture diagnostic-quality video and images for medical purposes including telemedicine, training and for demonstrations.
- For high quality training videos. Record your screen and workflow to create how-to videos or training sessions.
- To create corporate videos. Deliver professional videos by using true HD cameras, avoiding picture distortion created by most webcams.
- In courtrooms and in field police work. Capture recorded video and present as evidence during legal trials.
- To simplify meeting rooms. Guest presenters simply connect their laptop to the video grabber to share their presentations. No network connection or usb stick sharing required.