Capture from screens or cameras at full HD resolution
Captures, combines, and streams audio, Full HD video and SD video. Quiet, portable recording for DVI, HDMI™, VGA, DisplayPort, S-Video, and composite sources.
Features at a glance
VGADVI Broadcaster captures HD video sources such as a computer monitor, RADAR display or ultrasound monitor as well as SD video sources such as a camera feed. VGADVI Broadcaster can stream these sources as two synchronized, time-stamped streams or a multi-source layout with customized branding. Streams can be remotely accessed through web browsers, media players, mobile devices or set-top boxes. Streams can be recorded to local storage and downloaded at a later date.
VGADVI Broadcaster is easy to setup and use, and works straight out of the box. Once configured, it does not require the use of a computer or any additional equipment – simply power it on to start encoding and streaming.
- Capture from screens or cameras at Full HD resolution
- Stream while recording
- Manage and control either locally or over a network
- Capture presentation camera, slides and voice simultaneously
- Supports VGA, DVI, HDMI, S-Video, composite, & RGB component
- Use it everywhere – it’s portable with no software to install
- Stream directly to set-top boxes, smart TVs, and electronic signs via MPEG-TS
- Two video input channels (1 HD, 1 SD)
- Single stream or independent streaming and recording
- Choose to display the video from one or both video sources, display the video side-by-side or picture in picture.
- VGADVI Broadcaster automatically scales inputs to match your configured layout settings.
- Add your corporate color as a background and your company logo, the date, time, and presenter name.
- Overlay video with timestamp information and other text.
- Upload a custom image to display when the channel does not have a signal or if your input signal is interrupted for any reason.
Video/audio outputs and network/control ports
- VGADVI Broadcaster has a DVI-I video output, a 3.5 mm stereo audio output, a RJ-45 PoE port, and a USB 2.0 port.
- Built-in signal converters and output connectors provide pass through for both DVI-I and audio input sources.
- Connect a headset to the audio output port to monitor the audio input for quality.
- Connect HDMI, DVI, or VGA projectors, and displays to the DVI-I port to monitor the DVI-I input source.
Video and Audio Inputs
- VGADVI Broadcaster captures two video sources from HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, and composite video at their native resolutions and frame rates.
- Audio input is provided through a 3.5 mm analog stereo audio input.
- The DVI-I port is built to capture signals from DVI, HDMI and VGA sources, while the S-Video port captures signals from S-Video and composite sources.
- VGADVI Broadcaster supports a wide range of live streaming formats and protocols enabling it to stream video to media players, Content Delivery Networks and multicast networks using industry standard streaming formats including FLV, ASF, MJPEG and via TCP/UDP using RTSP.
- Supports Multicast Streaming via UDP using RTP, MPEG-TS RTP, MPEG-TS and publishes to streaming servers (CDNs) via RTMP and RTSP.
Stream using Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Session Announce Protocol (SAP)
- Media players, smart TVs, set-top boxes, digital signs etc. can play live streams and saved recordings from the VGADVI Broadcaster via UPnP or SAP.
- Streaming via UPnP and/or SAP is perfect for situations when the destination device is unattended. For example, when VGADVI Broadcatser streams to a digital sign that continuously plays a video, if there is an interruption, the live stream resume feature automatically resumes the stream.
Video encoding with H.264, MPEG-4, and MJPEG
- VGADVI Broadcaster supports the most widely used video codecs to ensure maximum compatibility with commercial viewing software media players such as VLC and Adobe Media Player.
- Choose codecs to help you maximize your stream quality while minimizing the demand for system resources and bandwidth.
- Use the default settings, or fine tune the operation to your application.
- Video frame rate, encoding bit rate, and key frame interval are among several parameters available to tailor the encoding to your specific requirements.
- Whether you are recording highly dynamic full motion video or slowly changing instrumentation displays Epiphan Broadcasters enable you to direct the encoder to achieve optimal video quality while satisfying bitrate and file size constraints of your specific application and environment.
Supports audio codecs MP3, AAC and PCM
- VGADVI Broadcaster supports the most widely used audio codecs to ensure maximum compatibility with commercial viewing software.
- Use the default settings, or fine tune to meet your requirements.
Record while streaming
- VGADVI Broadcaster can record the streaming output.
- Stores the video files to an internal solid state memory, with 8 GB of storage, in AVI, MPEG-TS or MOV format (common and easy to use formats).
- Automatically deletes the oldest recorded file when disk space runs low and replaces the file with a current file to ensure the latest recordings are available.
- Manage the size of your recorded video files by configuring the VGADVI Broadcaster to start a new file based on a time or file-size limit. When the limit is reached, the current recorded file is closed and available for download while a new file is opened for continued recording – all without missing a frame.
Easy access to external file storage
The VGADVI Broadcaster offers a variety of options for storing your recorded files:
- Store the files on the device itself, this is useful when you don’t have access to a network or an external device. You can always download the files later.
- You can transfer the recorded files to an external USB storage device or local network storage via FTP, RSYNC, or CIFS to ensure you don’t run out of disk space on your device and facilitate 24/7 recording.
- Configure automatic file transfer when a USB device is inserted.
- Integrate easily with commercial content management systems.
We can be easily integrated with content management systems (CMS) and with learning management systems (LMS) such as Blackboard, Kaltura, Mediasite and Moodle.
Supported aspect ratios and resolutions
- Supports 1080p HD video capture at 30 fps and resolutions up to 1920×1200.
- Capture computer displays and live camera signals.
- Convenient pick lists of standard resolutions in 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10 ratios make configuration and switching between various video input sources quick and easy. Custom resolutions are also supported.
Automatically configures frame rate, bitrate, and aspect ratio
- The VGADVI Broadcaster analyzes your source stream and automatically uses the best possible frame size, bitrate, and aspect ratio for the output stream.
- Changes to the input signal resolution and aspect ratio are automatically reflected in the output stream.
- Automatic configuration is an option that can be enabled or disabled depending on your requirements.
Out of the box and ready to stream
- Your VGADVI Broadcaster is configured and ready to record and stream live as soon as it has power and internet connection and an input signal.
- VGADVI Broadcaster encodes video and audio as it’s captured and makes it stream-ready.
- A URL is generated as soon as a source is detected.
- Viewers only need to access the URL and they can instantly view the video.
- The VGADVI Broadcaster integrates video capturing, scaling, encoding, recording, and streaming, into one simple device.
- The rugged yet lightweight design is ideal when moving from office to boardroom, laboratory or anywhere you need to capture and stream video.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) eliminates the need for AC power connection; the device is powered directly over the Ethernet cable from a PoE capable network switch. A PoE injector is included with the product if you need it.
- Roughly the size of a paperback novel, measuring 7.95″×4.13″×1.38″, (202×105×35 mm), weighing 1.4 lbs., (635 g).
- With no internal fans, or other moving parts, it is silent and reliable.
Monitor your device on the go
- Monitor your VGADVI Broadcaster on the go with a mobile device or tablet using a custom interface designed for touch screen devices.
- Perform basic operations like checking video signals, audio levels, starting and stopping recordings, and disk space from the mobile interface.
The EpiphanConnect mobile application is available for both Android and iOS devices. This alternative to the desktop based discovery utility makes connecting to the touch screen friendly interface even easier by finding all Epiphan devices on the network.