Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live user guide
Set stream resolution
By default, Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live sends your stream to Facebook with the screen resolution 1280×720 (720p). If needed, you can adjust this value before your start your broadcast.
What is stream resolution?
- The resolution is the size of each frame and is sometimes called frame size.
- Usually these values are expressed as a pair of values such as 1280×720. The first value describes how wide your picture is (in pixels) and the second how tall it is.
- Some resolutions also have short forms. For instance 720p or HD means 1280×720.
- The higher (larger) the resolution, the more data needed to accurately describe everything in your video.
- If you have limited uplink bandwidth, you need to find a balance between frame size and frame rate that makes your video look as good as possible at your current bit rate.
- Facebook has specifications for the maximum resolution they accept. Currently this value is 1280×720 (720p).
- You can configure the resolution that Webcaster X1 sends to
To set the resolution your live stream you need:
- Your Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X1
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X1 (must be connected before boot-up)
- Note: You cannot change the resolution during your live broadcast. If you change it while streaming, the change only takes effect when you stop the current stream and start another.
- If not already on the Preferences page, click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen; the preferences screen opens.
- Click Resolution in the Stream Details section.
- Use your connected USB mouse to select the bit rate for your live stream.
- Note: When you first get your Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live, the default resolution is 1280×720. On all subsequent uses after your first use, the default frame size is whatever you set last time.
- If you are done with settings for your live stream, right click to exit the Preferences menu.
Your USB mouse or keyboard must be connected to Webcaster X1 before boot-up.