Login with Facebook
There are two ways you can authenticate Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live to your Facebook account. You can use the secure Facebook login dialog shown on an HDMI display attached to your Webcaster X1, or you can use the device code shown on the front screen.
The Facebook login screen shown on Webcaster X1 is just like the one used for any other application that you authorize to use your Facebook account. The password you enter is private, between you and Facebook.
To authenticate your Webcaster X1 to Facebook by logging in you need:
- Your Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X1
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X1 (must be connected before boot-up)
- (OPTIONAL) A USB keyboard connected to your Webcaster X1 (must be connected before boot-up)
- Ensure your Webcaster X1 is connected to the Internet.
- If a device code is showing on the display attached to your Webcaster X1, click Cancel.
- Click the Facebook Login icon ; Facebook's login page appears (information typed here is shared directly to Facebook and is not intercepted or saved by Webcaster X1).
- If you do not have a keyboard connected, click either text box to display the on-screen keyboard for typing.
- Enter your Facebook account credentials and click Log In.
- Click Continue, then OK and OK again in Facebook to authorize Webcaster X1 to post to your Facebook account and associated pages.
Note: If you have previously authorized this Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live with your Facebook account, there are fewer Facebook messages to click through, simply click OK to confirm that you have already authorized your Webcaster X1.