Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live user guide
Set stream bit rate
By default, Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live sends your stream to Facebook at 4000 kbps. If needed, you can adjust this value before your start your broadcast.
Note that by default each Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live you connect to your network needs a constant uplink bandwidth of 4 Mb/s. You can use popular internet speed tests to determine the peak bandwidth you have available, but be cautious with this value as other people and devices, including voice over IP phone systems, can use a significant portion of your available uplink.
What is stream bit rate?
- The bit rate is a measure of how many bits of data are sent each second and is often referred to as kilobits per second and abbreviated kbps.
- The higher the bit rate, the more data per frame, and therefore the more detail you'll see in your video.
- Higher bit rates send more data over your uplink, so sometimes having a bit rate is necessary to avoid overloading your Internet connection.
- Facebook has specifications for the maximum frame rate they accept. Currently this value is 4000 kbps (which we've tested with our 4096 kbps setting).
- You can configure the bit rate that Webcaster X1 sends to
To set the bit rate for your live stream you need:
- Your Webcaster X1 for Facebook Live
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X1
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X1 (must be connected before boot-up)
- Note: You cannot change the bit rate during your broadcast. If you change it while streaming, the change only takes effect when you stop the current stream and start another.
- If not already on the Preferences page, click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen; the preferences screen opens.
- Click Video bit rate (kbps) in the Stream Details section.
- Use your connected USB mouse to select the bit rate for your live stream.
- Note: When you first get your Webcaster X1, the default bit rate is 4096. On all subsequent uses after your first use, the default frame rate is whatever you set last time.
- If you are done with
Your USB mouse or keyboard must be connected to Webcaster X1 before boot-up.