Pair and unpair YouTube
Webcaster X2 uses the YouTube API to get a special device pairing code that you simply need to let YouTube know about. Then your Webcaster X2 is authorized to stream to your YouTube channel. It couldn't be easier!
To pair and unpair your Webcaster X2 with your YouTube (Google) account, you need:
- A Webcaster X2 that is connected to the Internet
- (Optional) An HDMI display connected to your Webcaster X2
- (Optional) A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X2
- A computer, tablet or mobile device
- Look at the front screen display for your YouTube device pairing code or click the Pair icon if you're using an attached HDMI display.
- Using a web browser on your computer or mobile device, go to google.com/device and login to your Google account.
- If you manage more than one YouTube channel, pick the channel you want to stream to. It's important that you pick a channel that's verified and able to stream to YouTube. Check your channel's access to live streaming using this YouTube link.
- On the Google device pairing page, enter the pairing code from your Webcaster X2 in the device code field, then click Next and Allow to authorize Webcaster X2 to live stream to your YouTube channe.
- The front screen on Webcaster X2 updates to indicate that it's paired with your YouTube account.
- To unpair the encoder, click the YouTube Unpair icon from the bottom of the screen.
|Front screen||HDMI Display|