Use a captive WiFi network that's password protected
Many hotels and cafes offer complimentary captive networks, which are password protected and accessed from a login page using a web browser. You can use Webcaster X2 on captive networks if it has enough uplink bandwidth. The captive network must have a constant uplink bandwidth of 3 Mb/s to 6 Mb/s for each Webcaster X2 you connect to it. Be aware that other people and devices on the same network as Webcaster X2, including voice over IP phone systems, can use a significant portion of the available uplink.
Once you've logged in to the captive network, you remain connected until the network terminates your connection or you manually select a different WiFi network from Webcaster X2's Settings. If you've selected a captive WiFi network in the Settings but are not yet logged in, Webcaster X2 does not display a pairing code on the front screen display or when the pairing code icon is selected from the main page using a connected HDMI display and mouse. For a pairing code to be generated when a captive WiFi network is selected in the Settings, you must be logged in to the captive network.
To use a captive WiFi network you need:
- Your Webcaster X2
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X2
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X2
- (Optional) a USB keyboard connected to your Webcaster X2
- Click the Settings icon at the lower right corner of the screen and select Wi-Fi from the system settings screen.
- If the toggle at the top of the screen says OFF, click ON.
- Select the captive Wi-Fi network you want from the list and click Connect. Then right click until you exit the Settings.
- Click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen. The preferences screen opens.
- Enter the necessary password information on the login page using the on-screen keyboard or a connected USB keyboard and click Close after you've logged in.
- Right click to exit the Preferences.