Start stream automatically
Webcaster X2 is configured by default to start streaming when you either press the multi-function power button or when you click Start using an attached mouse and HDMI display. You can change this behavior so Webcaster X2 will start the stream automatically immediately once it is paired with your YouTube (Google) account.
Stream automatically is useful when:
- you want to configure Webcaster X2 to stream to your account, then hand it to someone else to do the actual stream (this way you won't need to share your YouTube login details with that user)
- you don't have a mouse or HDMI display
- you want to minimize setup time (for example if doing a live broadcast from the field)
- you have Webcaster X2 set up to stream to an event and are using the YouTube Preview function (making test immediately after bootup ideal)
Other times, you may want keep this feature disabled so you can control the precise moment when you broadcast starts.
How automatic streaming works
Start the stream automatically after pairing works differently depending on whether or not you have enabled Webcaster X2's pair automatically with YouTube feature.
|Settings||Publish to...||Start streaming (or previewing*) by|
|Without start stream automatically after pairing||Stream now or Stream to an Event||Using the multi-function power button or a mouse and HDMI display|
|Only start stream automatically after pairing||Stream now (only option)||Pairing Webcaster X2 with your YouTube channel|
|Both start stream automatically after pairing and pair automatically after reboot||Last used destination (Stream now or Stream to an Event)||Turning on Webcaster X2|
* when using Use YouTube to Preview before going live, the stream begins previewing after login. Stream start is controlled in the YouTube Live Control Room.
Configuring stream automatically after pairing
To start or prevent streaming automatically after pairing you need:
- Your Webcaster X2
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X2
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X2
- If not already on the Preferences page, click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen; the preferences screen opens.
- To enable automatic streaming after pairing: click Start stream automatically after pairing checkbox in the YouTube Details section. When using this option, your broadcast begins immediately after you pair Webcaster X2 with your YouTube (Google) account. (If you also have pair automatically after reboot checked, your publish destination is whatever you last had it set to: Stream Now or the Event you selected.)
- To disable automatic streaming after login: uncheck the Start stream automatically after pairing checkbox in the YouTube Details section. Use the multi-function power button or an attached HDMI display and mouse to control when your broadcast begins.
- Right click to exit the Preferences.