Streaming to servers, CDNs, and other devices
Pearl-2 can stream to CDNs, local media servers, and even to other Pearl-2 devices that are acting as a streaming ingestion point. Pearl-2 supports many streaming protocols, including: SRT (push), HLS (push), MPEG-DASH (push), RTMP/RTMPS, and RTSP. Use the Admin panel to set up individual channels configured on Pearl-2 for streaming.
- Set up an RTMP or RTMPS (push) stream
- Set up an SRT stream using caller and listener modes
- Set up an SRT stream using rendezvous mode
- Adjust latency and view the SRT stream status
- Set AES encryption and a passphrase for SRT
- Set up an HLS (push) stream
- Set up an MPEG-DASH (push) stream
- Set up an RTSP announce stream
- Stream to a CDN using an XML profile
- Start and stop streaming to a CDN
For details to configure multicast streaming, see Multicast streaming. Streaming a channel to CDNs and multicast streaming is available only when the H.264 codec is configured as the channel encoding, see Configure video encoding.