Start and stop streaming to a CDN
After your CDN streaming is configured for RTMP or RTSP, you can start and stop streaming using the Admin panel, the touch screen, or Epiphan Live.
To start and stop streaming using the Admin panel:
- Login to the Admin panel as admin, see Connect to Admin panel.
- From the Channels menu, select a channel and click Streaming. The Streaming configuration page opens.
To set up a stream using the Admin panel, click New stream and follow the instructions for how to Streaming to a CDN, multicasting, and streaming to multiple destinations.
- Click Start at the top right corner to start that stream, or click Start all at the top of the page to start streaming all streams that are configured for that channel.
- Click Stop at the top right corner to stop that stream, or click Stop all at the top of the page to stop streaming for all streams that are configured for that channel.
You can tell if your channel is streaming from the touch screen on Pearl-2 when you look at the channel view or the Grid view. The following shows an example Grid view.
- A blue dot in the top right corner means the channel is currently streaming.
- A yellow dot with an exclamation mark means a problem with streaming occurred that requires attention.
For details to start and stop streaming using the touch screen, see Stream a channel using the touch screen.
For details to start and stop streaming using Epiphan Live, see Control streaming and recording.
To learn how to use One Touch feature to control your recording and streaming across any number of specified channels and recorders simultaneously with the touch of a button, see About One Touch streaming and recording.