Still image capture under ubuntu

A colleague and I have each had partial success developing code that captures still images with an AV.io 4K. Success is only partial because a high proportion of the stills turn out to be a field of green. He used C++, I used python and we both used opencv.

I’m supposing that the issue is lack of still image capture support provided by the uvc video module/driver for linux. ‘uvccapture’ appears to get around this by direct use of the low level IOCTL calls presented by the v4l2 interface (which in turn talk directly to the uvc video driver). I’m hoping there’s an easier, higher level way to make capturing of frames work. Suggestions?

TIA

Hi!

I haven’t written anything for Epiphan stuff yet, but I’ve captured still frames from BMD capture cards using ffmpeg before. Maybe use it instead trying to figure out low-level stuff.

Thank you.

We need to move away from internal cards, and we got the Epiphans with interest in replacing a
Decklink-based system that has worked well for us.

SJM

I did not mean to replace Epiphan with BMD, try out ffmpeg, it should be able to do the job :wink:

Hi Guy, did you success your software builder for AV.io?
I need the exe or source code to do video recording & image capture…
Please sharing with me…
[redacted for privacy concerns]
Thanks…