Pearl-2 freezes now and then

Hi,

We have a Pearl-2 for 3 months now. Now and then the Pearl freezes completely. We are not able to connect to the web interface, the touch screen does not react. The only thing left is to shut it down using the button on the front. The timespan between the freezes sometimes is 1 day, sometimes multiple weeks. The Peral is running the latest firmware 4.4.1C. I have done a disk check but that does not help.

Does anyone know what to do?

Regards,
Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear you are encountering issues with the Pearl-2. I would recommend you send it in for diagnostics and repairs. If you purchased from a partner you will want to contact them to see if they can assist with shipping. If you purchased from us directly then you can file an RMA request for the unit here: https://www.epiphan.com/support/rma-request/

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do!

Our Pearl-2 is doing the same thing. Haven’t been able to nail down any rhyme or reason

Same here. It’s been intermittent, maybe 3 times in the last couple of months.

I had the same issue with a test unit. It would freeze up completely.
I wasn’t do anything with it at the time. I might come into the office in the morning to find it unresponsive.

The latest firmware seemed to resolve the issue. 4.8.1d
It didn’t recur after that.

Also, if you see a prompt on the Firmware Upgrade page about a BIOS update this can help resolve issues regarding stability. Between updated firmware and updated BIOS (which newer units already ship with) all stability issues should be resolved!