Rename a layout
You can rename any layout, even the currently active layout. Layouts you create are automatically given a default name. The first layout is called Default. You can change the name using the custom layout editor.
If you're using the touch screen for live switching, consider using shortened names for layouts. Long names get truncated on the touch screen.
You can include certain international characters in layout names. Pearl supports common character sets for Western and Central European languages, Nordic languages, and Russian. For a complete list, see International character support.
To rename a layout:
- Login to the Admin panel as admin, see Connect to Admin panel.
- From the Channels menu, select a channel and click Layouts. The custom layout editor opens.
- From the layout list at the top of the page, click on the row to select a layout. The layout appears in the layout area.
- Click the name of the layout. The name turns red.
- Enter a new name and press Enter.