Videos out of sync

Hi,

I recorded 3 days of footage in 3 channels 1 video 1 ppt and one background with PiPs.
The audio of the recorded files is sync in the start and overtime getting worse.

Any ideas?

thank you

Hello,

Is this in a non linear editor that you have the problem? Is there any issue if you play this back within VLC media player?

Hi,

We edit it in premiere pro. There is a little issue in vlc but at least the delay is constant so the fix is “easy” but in premiere its horible.

Thank you in advance
I do love the pearl
But this is getting on my nerves.

unfortunately when it comes to Premiere the AV sync must always be corrected. This has always been the case with recordings with Pearl, Pearl-2 or Pearl Mini.

So what programs do you recommend to cut separate parts out of a big video?

Thx

Customers have typically continued to use Premiere, but focus on fixing the AV sync ahead of editing. AV Sync can be affected by your encoding settings and recording file envelop.

You may want to consider adjusting audio codecs on the Channel encoding page, and verifying the file envelop type on the Channel recording page. click on the “change” button to see other options.

Mp4 or MOV would be preferred, for the audio try AAC 48 kHz at 320kbps

Can you adjust delay tot lip sync in the pearl?

Yes indeed you can adjust the audio delay to fix sync issues. We made a video on the subject that should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGzBdMU3DbI