USB port Query?

I seem to have developed a problem with my USB port - my webcam dropped off its parking place and jerked the cable at the Webcaster end. The webcam now doesn’t work with the Webcaster (sometimes gives a few seconds) but works OK when connected to my PC - so is the USB socket damaged? The blue light on the webcam is working when plugged in to the Webcaster.
There don’t seem to be any problems with my HDMI input - but is there any sensible way I can check what’s happened to the Webcaster USB?
I live and work in the UK, and while I’m happy with the UK dealer, don’t want to send the unit back for repair and not have it to hand . . .

I would recommend testing with a USB mouse in this USB port to see if this works. Unfortunately if the USB port has been physically damaged this wouldn’t be something that could be addressed under the warranty policy.

Hi, Adam, This is a route my techie advised me to take and that works fine. If we plug the USB webcam into the port at the back I usually use for the mouse that works fine too. So resolved, really, unless you have any adverse comments.

Thanks kindly for coming back to me, best wishes

Chris Gosling

Glad to hear the unit is working with the other USB ports!