Two Camera Sources

Webcaster is GREAT,Question, when using multiple cameras, is there anyway to hook up a second HDMI source?..Meaning using two HDMI inputs from 2 different cameras?

Webcaster only officially supports a single HDMI connection and the beta webcam feature.
You could certainly utilize an HDMI video switcher for the two camera sources and then take the HDMI output from the switcher to the input of Webcaster X2. You would then have the ability to switch between those two HDMI sources from your switcher.

I am using a Magewell HDMI capture device (HDMI to USB), $289 from B&H. Works great! I use JVC camera as the main shot and use a GoPro Hero 5 for a secondary shot. Switching via the Keyboard. Magewell also provides a unit for SDI also.

Found this device on ebay for 60dlls. Has anyone tested with Webcaster X2? Magewell goes out of budget. I would like to use the usb port for computer graphics like powerpoint or simple jpg and the Hdmi input for my mirrorless camera.

Obviously we have only tested Epiphan AV.io devices on the Webcaster X2.
It is important to note that the USB is only USB2, as such, many USB3 capture cards will likely only provide a low resolution and/or low frame rates.

Thanks for your reply. Which Epiphan AV.io devices work with the Webcaster X2 via USB?

AV.io HD. If it is connected before power up but after the USB Cam option is checked.

I have used this adapter with success, it is an EZCap 287, I used the EZCap 287P which is the same except the case is made of aluminum instead of plastic. It runs well and made my Canon Vixia 1080i camcorder work fine with the X2. I have not done a real production with it using the X2 but have used it with a laptop using vMix as have some friends of mine. Also have a friend who has done several productions using this device on a Mac with Wirecast.

I already bought the HDMI switcher recommended by Epiphan. Waiting for it to delivered. But it is good to know of this device.I think that if the frame rate is low with the EZCap 287 you can use it for displaying graphics during the stream like a powerpoint slide, JPG picture (score board on a sports event) or web browsing when making comments in a podcast like event.

Hi David, I got one of these scalers, and it works great with my Panasonic 1080i camcorder!
Thanks for posting about it.

Ron

Using 4 Cameras & Computer Graphics - X2’s as encoder outputs

This is a setup with a Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio output to a splitter/converter with 1080p/30 & 720p/30 encoding.

The Blackmagic “ATEM Television Studio” as used equipment (about $550 +/-) is a very inexpensive way to add L3rd’s and use SDI & HDMI connections for computer graphics and cameras. This unit has 4 HDMI & 4 SDI inputs with 6 usable simultaneously. HDMI & SDI outputs.

This setup used AC power (extra quiet Honda generator) lighted host/interview area, 4 cameras and a computer for a graphics/media player.

IMG_F_Fest_1201c

IMG_F_Fest_1202c

IMG_F_Fest_1206c

img ff1 cc

2 Likes

Happy to confirm that the HDMI Revesun PIP switcher WORKS PERFECT. I can have a main camera and switch SEEMLESS to a second source where you can plug in a simple hdmi switcher for adding even more devices like a computer display for graphics and/or other cameras. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D89JEDI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like