Schedule Recordings to Start / Stop Automatically

Does anyone use off the shelf software or any other method to schedule recorders to start and stop automatically using the Pearls HTTP commands?

Or has anyone built their own application to do this?

I’ve been thinking of doing this as a “My First Coding” project.
Although I’m not a coder, it would seem that “send x command to Y device on z date and time” should be a fairly beginner level coding challenge once I’ve figured out the right platform, language and basic coding skills.
Having said that, I don’t think for a minute that this will be easy for me.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Thanks
T

1 Like

I don’t know of any off the shelf software to allow for sending the Pearls HTTP API commands. However anything that can send an HTTP command should in theory work, generally people are doing this with a Crestron or AMX.

You can definitely develop something to interface with the HTTP API commands, though I don’t have a specific recommendation for language or platform. As a place to get started you might want to download wget then try sending some HTTP API commands from the commandline.
Wget: https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/
Wget for Windows: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm
Pearl User Guide: Control with HTTP commands

Thanks Adam

I’d come across some of the concepts you mentioned. I’m not a coder so had not looked too deeply at them but I probably will at some point when I get time and headspace to look in to it deeper. it seems there’s no off the shelf app with a simple GUI tat can do this thats easy to fine.

Many thanks for your input.
Cheers for now

T

Create a batch files with the HTTP commands. Then I used Windows Task Scheduler to run the batch files.

1 Like

Thanks Martin

That’s an interesting idea worth investigating. I’ll look in to it.

Cheers

That’s a great idea! Should be pretty simple even for someone with little or no programming ability.

In case you have some problems let us know since we have developed this already in an app.
Ruud Schothorst
ruud@b2t.nl