Post-Broadcast Video Quality

Hello Forum! This is my first post. I did my first broadcast to my Facebook group and I noticed something interesting. There seems to be a difference between my live feed (meaning, while viewing the broadcast on my laptop) and the video after the broadcast is over. The picture quality seems to be diminished with the playback after the live broadcast. Am I just mistaken, or is this a thing? If it is a thing, is there some setting I can change to correct it? To clarify, by “live feed,” I don’t mean the signal coming out of the camera. By “live feed” I mean that I have my laptop logged in to my Facebook account and I’m streaming the video along with my viewers. I only do this because it allows me to see who is making comments. The comment window on my Webcaster X2 shows me comments, but not who made them. If anybody can help me with this, I would really appreciate it! Thank you! -Jerome

We have had a couple of customers comment this, however in all cases so far that we’ve seen it’s been a network related issue. It’s possible with the bitrate and available bandwidth your network uses that when the stream is converted to VOD there is some sort of transcoding issue with Facebook.

We were able to reproduce this on a Wifi network with a more limited bandwidth but were unable to reproduce this with an Ethernet connection. If your network allows it you can try upping the bitrate to see if that has any effect. If you are using Wifi, try an Ethernet connection to see if there is a difference in quality and behavior

1 Like

Hello @Mrenaud. :slight_smile: Thank you for your response! So I have my Webcaster connected to the ethernet here. Available bandwidth is 25Mbps upload. Has anyone been able to resolve the transcoding VOD issue?

Transcoding would be a Facebook server effect. There is nothing unfortunately that we would be able to do to affect the result

1 Like

Ok, thank you again for all your help. :slight_smile: