Epiphan modifies the signal that enters it through the sdi4k input? If I receive a 4: 3 through the sdi4k input and I stream a 16: 9. Epiphan put black bands or distort the signal?

Epiphan modifies the signal that enters it through the sdi4k input?

If I receive a 4: 3 through the sdi4k input and I stream a 16: 9.

Epiphan put black bands or distort the signal?

Different aspect ratios would cause letterboxing to occur. 4:3 aspect ration, which is a near-square source is not the same as a 16:9 rectangular source. Setting a 16:9 aspect ratio output would mean extending the canvas wider than the source which would cause letter boxing. You can certain crop the video source in order to stretch into a 16:9 aspect ratio, but you would certainly close some of the image in the crop.

You can also remove scaling options and manually stretch the source however it will be distorted when pulled into the wider aspect ratio

Thank you.

In this case I want to stretch the image from 4: 3 to 16: 9, how can I activate or look at the scaling options?

I am a newbie at this.

You can find the options in the channel’s layout creation page. “keep aspect ratio” option is what changes scale vs stretch, and the cropping option is available lower on the page

Thank you very much for your help