Brand new device won't boot

I have just purchased a Webcaster X2 and plugged it in. After pressing the power button, the LCD has shown a “Booting…” screen and a green LED, but it never boots. I have kept it plugged in for many minutes and it is stuck in this state.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear this! I would recommend you try the factory reset available via the recovery button. To do this disconnect power and have a USB keyboard and HDMI monitor connected, then you can press and hold the recovery button with a pin, keep this held down and connect power to the unit. Once the green LED turns on you can release the recovery button, it will take a minute but the unit will boot to a screen where you can select “wipe data” and “wipe cache”, then afterwards select “reboot system now” this will reset everything and hopefully allow the unit to boot back up properly.

1 Like

Can you please share a screenshot of the wipe screen? The text is off screen to the left when I try do this. I’ve tried all available aspect ratios and its the same every time.

Hi Adam, how are you?

My device has a simular problem, it’s a brand new (Arrived today) and no display or power led is on.
I did the reset as you mention and the green led turns on but still no display at all.
It’s connect on the internet now, are you able to fix remotely?
Do you recommend any other procedure?

Hello Anderson,

I see here you sent us a support email as well as phone. we will be responding via your support request

I’m having similar issues. Had X2 for about 3 weeks and setup, operation and video stream worked great. Just powered up today and I have a green light but no boot message on the LCD screen. LCD screen is black. Unplugged 3-4 times to no success Tried the recovery button while plugging it is but same results. Need suggestions…

Hi Adam, how are you?

My device has a simular problem, it’s a brand new (Arrived today) and no display or power led is on.
I did the reset as you mention and the green led turns on but still no display at all.
It’s connect on the internet now, are you able to fix remotely?
Do you recommend any other procedure?

Do you have any advice? Or is there a recovery file via SD card or any way you can suggest us.

Hello Chaiwat,

I’m so sorry to hear that you may have received a Webcaster X2 in this state. Please note, and I’m afraid to say, the Webcaster X2 was deprecated early 2020 and hardware support may be limited to normal troubleshooting as development for the Webcaster X2 has ceased. If the factory reset mentioned above in Adam’s comment doesn’t help, I’d be curious if the unit displays anything if connected to an HDMI monitor. Could you give this a try?

If you had just received the device in this state, would it be possible to return it to the seller?