Ability to display sponsor on screen

Any way to display say a sponsor such as this live video brought to you by ABC company that can show up on the screen?

Not with an image built in to WCX2. it would need to come from the video source signal itself.
Are you only using the HDMI input? Could you add a webcam (the beta feature) and have it shoot a banner?
With a keyboard attached to WCX2 you can switch between the HDMI and USB camera input.

1 Like

I use a Mac’s HDMI output into a 3-way HDMI switch to display a PowerPoint slide into the live video.

1 Like

Can you please tell us the model of your HDMI switcher. Hows the latency between switching from one source to another?

Can you please tell us the model of your HDMI switcher. Is the video signal out clean (ch1, ch2, ch3, etc…or source name on display when switching)?

Is the transition between sources fast? or does it show a black screen or freezes the last frame when you switch sources?.. Also is the hdmi output clean or those it show channel number or displays letters or numbers when you switch sources?

I have had no problem with switching speed, even with a slight lag. And the
channel is not displayed.

Comment utiliser un moniteur vga sur epiphan webcaster x2 ?

Hello sami,

Your question: “Comment utiliser un moniteur vga sur epiphan webcaster x2 ?” translated:
“How to use a vga monitor on epiphan webcaster x2?”

If you want to use a VGA monitor on the Webcaster X2 you would need to use an active HDMI to VGA adapter. Unfortunately we do not test these, so I do not have a recommended model. But I do not expect any issue with these.

Got it… It doesnt work… Image goes black for 3 seconds when you switch

Sorry to hear that. I used mine yesterday and did not see that problem.

I suspect that the difference would be if the signals are the same resolution and refresh rate. If they are different then there would be a black image while the new signal is being acquired. If they are close enough to being the same then there would be no such issue. You may be able to fix this with settings on the sources. Alternatively a more advanced switch with scaling options in order to maintain a consistent output signal would be needed.