2MB minimum upload required

We have a t-1 at work. 1.5mb. I shut down all use of the t-1 for the webcast and set-up minimal configuration (no chat) on Webcaster 2, but I can not get a reliable upload stream to You Tube. Why can my cell phone connect and stream fine but I need such a huge upload pipe for Webcaster 2? Am I missing something?

Hello,

The upload bandwidth required for streaming depends on the bitrate of the stream, plus you want some additional overhead room to be safe. I usually recommend 1.5 to 2 times the bitrate as a recommended minimum upload speed. For example, if using the default 2Mbps bitrate on the Webcaster X2 I would recommend at minimum a 3Mbps upload speed, with 4Mbps being ideal.

This means that the minimum bitrate setting on the Webcaster X2 of 1Mbps (1024 Kbps) would require at least 1.5Mbps of upload speed, with 2Mbps being ideal.

I can not get 1Mbps to work.

What do you get if you run a speed test from a wired device on your network? Also, 1Mb/s of data payload probably doesn’t include protocol overhead, and the smaller the packets, the greater the overhead.