Set stream privacy
Before streaming to live to your YouTube channel using Stream Now with Webcaster X2, you can choose to set the initial privacy setting of your video. It's easy!
- You can use Webcaster X2 to configure the privacy of the video streamed to your YouTube channel.
- The stream's privacy setting affects who is notified of your live stream as well as who can see it.
- You can also change the stream's privacy setting from the YouTube Live Dashboard once your stream is live.
- Note: During a broadcast, Webcaster X2 is not updated to reflect the current privacy level of your live stream (e.g. if you change it using YouTube, Webcaster X2 is not updated with your changes). This option only controls the initial privacy setting of your stream.
To configure the privacy of your live video stream you need:
- Your Webcaster X2
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X2
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X2
- If not already on the Preferences page, click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen. The Preferences screen opens.
- Click Privacy in the YouTube Details section.
- Select an initial privacy setting for your live stream.
- Note: When you first get your Webcaster X2, the default privacy setting is Private to avoid accidentally streaming something you didn't mean to stream. If you change the settings, Webcaster X2 remembers those changes the next time you use the encoder.
- Right click to exit the Preferences.