Create a long live stream
If you want to stream a long event (like a music festival, an art exhibition or an enclosure at a zoo), you may want to use Facebook's continuous stream option.
By default, Webcaster X2 streams regular broadcasts instead of continuous (long duration) live streams, but you can change this easily!
- Facebook offers two types of live streams.
- Continuous streams for long-running broadcasts (meant for 24x7 or long running streams)
- Live event broadcast (with a time limit of up to 4 hours)
- Note: Facebook does not save continuous streams for video on demand after your live event is complete.
To set these values for your live stream you need:
- Your Webcaster X2
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X2
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X2
- If not already on the Preferences page, click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen; the preferences screen opens.
- To broadcast a continuous stream: click the Continuous stream checkbox in the Facebook Details section. When using this option, Facebook will not save a copy of your video for replay after your broadcast.
- To broadcast an event less than 4 hours in length: uncheck the Continuous stream checkbox in the Facebook Details section. Facebook will create a video for replay after your live broadcast is complete.
- Right click to exit the Preferences.