Create a long live stream
If you want to stream a long event (like a music festival, an art exhibition or an enclosure at a zoo), you may want to use Facebook's continuous stream option.
By default, Webcaster X2 streams regular broadcasts instead of continuous (long duration) live streams, but you can change this easily!
What is a "continuous" stream to Facebook?
- Facebook offers two types of live streams.
- Continuous streams for long-running broadcasts (meant for 24x7 or long running streams)
- Live event broadcast (with a time limit of up to 4 hours)
- Note: Facebook does not save continuous streams for video on demand after your live event is complete.
To set these values for your live stream you need:
- Your Webcaster X2
- An HDMI display (that supports 1080p video) connected to your Webcaster X2
- A USB mouse connected to your Webcaster X2
- If not already on the Preferences page, click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen; the preferences screen opens.
- To broadcast a continuous stream: click the Continuous stream checkbox in the Facebook Details section. When using this option, Facebook will not save a copy of your video for replay after your broadcast.
- To broadcast an event less than 4 hours in length: uncheck the Continuous stream checkbox in the Facebook Details section. Facebook will create a video for replay after your live broadcast is complete.
- Right click to exit the Preferences.
Note: When you first get your Webcaster X2, the default setting is not to use a continuous stream. If you change the settings, Webcaster X2 remembers those changes the next time you use the encoder.