Pearl has a default persistent static IP address, also known as the recovery IP address. If ever you need to set up Pearl on a network that does not support DHCP, or you need to recover from a previous static IP address setting, you can use this procedure to connect directly to the
A workstation computer with access rights to modify your network settings is required.
Pearl static IP address defaults are:
your admin password (by default set to no password)
To access the Admin panel using the persistent static IP address:
- Establish an Ethernet connection between Pearl and the workstation using one of the following methods:
- Connect Pearl to a local Ethernet network shared with the workstation.
- Connect Pearl directly to the workstation’s Ethernet port using either a regular or a crossover Ethernet cable.
- Record the network settings of the workstation that are used to connect to Pearl so that they can be restored later.
- Temporarily change the network configuration on the workstation to the following:
- Use Static IP assignment
- IP address: 192.168.255.249
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.252
- Start a web browser on the workstation and go to: http://192.168.255.250/admin/
- Log in as the administrator user with the user name admin and enter the admin password (by default there is no password assigned). The Admin panel opens.
- From the Configuration menu, click Networking.
- Click use a static address and enter a static IP address and network settings you want for Pearl. For more information, see Configure network settings.
- Restore the previously saved network configurations on the workstation.
If HTTPS is enabled on Pearl, replace http with https in the URL.