CMS recording and webcasting control
Pearl-2 appears as an available resource as soon as the device is registered with your CMS and records scheduled events, recurring events, and unscheduled ad hoc events for Kaltura and Panopto CMSs. Connect multiple audio and video sources directly to Pearl-2 and record content from HD cameras, document cameras, HDMI output from computers, and even digital microscope cameras.
Scheduled events start and end automatically. No manual intervention is required. After the event ends, recorded files automatically upload to the CMS. If the network connection or the CMS goes down during an event, it records locally on Pearl-2 and uploads automatically when network connectivity resumes. You can manually control recording and webcasting using the Admin panel or the touch screen. Back up recordings of each channel are easily recovered using the Admin panel.
Do not schedule recordings that are longer than the capacity of Pearl-2 to store the recording on it's local drive.
- Setup a CMS start screen
- Start/stop scheduled CMS events using the Admin panel
- Stop/start scheduled CMS events using the touch screen
- Extend or pause CMS recordings and webcasts
- Create ad hoc events using the Admin panel
- Create ad hoc events using the touch screen
- Logout of an ad hoc session
- Schedule when CMS event recordings upload
- Recover channel backup recordings
For important considerations before recording or webcasting to a CMS, see About Kaltura recording and webcasting and About Panopto recording and webcasting.