How to Record Video using Epiphan Capture Tool (Windows 8 OS)
Epiphan’s Signature capture cards (DVI2USB 3.0 and SDI2USB 3.0) and internal capture cards allow you to record high-quality video from DVI, HDMI™, SDI, and VGA sources. Epiphan provides free Capture Tool software, which can be installed on a target computer and used to manage capturing, recording and streaming the video feed. This article explains how you can capture video and record it on a PC, which is run under Windows OS using Epiphan Capture Tool.
Make sure the capture card is connected to a video source and the target computer before proceeding.
Step 1 Downloading software and codecs
- Download the FFdshow codec pack from the Internet:
32-bit version: link
64-bit version: link
- Restart your PC.
- Download Epiphan Capture Tool from the Epiphan’s web site and install it.
- Launch Epiphan Capture Tool.
Step 2 Settings
- Click the Tools menu command in the Capture Tool user interface.
- Click Options. The Options window appears.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Click the Select codec button. A Video Compression window appears.
- Select the FFdshow video codec and click Configure…
- Specify the following settings:
- Choose the encoder type to MS MPEG4 v2
- Set FOURCC to MP42
- Set Mode to one pass – quality
- Set Quality to a value from 80 to 90 (max. value)
- Set the Maximum I frame interval to 15
- Click OK.
- In the Video Compression window click OK.
- In the Options window click Apply. Then click OK.
- Now you can start recording!