How to Record Video using Epiphan Capture Tool (Windows 8 OS)
Epiphan’s frame grabbers allow you to record high-quality video from multiple DVI, HDMI™, and VGA outputs. Epiphan provides free Capture Tool software which can be installed on a target computer and used to manage capturing, recording and streaming the video feed. This article explains how you can capture video and record it on a PC which is run under Windows 8 OS using Epiphan Capture Tool.
Before completing the following steps make sure that the frame grabber (for example, DVI2USB 3.0) is connected both to a video source and the target computer.
Step 1 Downloading software and codecs
- Download the FFdshow codec pack from the Internet. Use, for example, the following link.
- Restart your PC.
- Download Epiphan Capture Tool from the Epiphan’s web site and install it.
- Launch Epiphan Capture Tool.
Step 2 Settings
- Click the Tools menu command in the Capture Tool user interface.
- Click Options. The Options window appears.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Click the Select codec button. A Video Compression window appears.
- Select the FFdshow video codec and click Configure…
- Specify the following settings:
- Choose the encoder type to MS MPEG4 v2
- Set FOURCC to MP42
- Set Mode to one pass – quality
- Set Quality to 100 (max. value)
- Click Apply. Then click OK.
- In the Video Compression window click OK.
- In the Options window click Apply. Then click OK.
- Now you can start recording!