How to install an Epiphan video grabber on Mac laptop/workstation
Epiphan’s DVI2USB 3.0, SDI2USB 3.0 and VGA2USB video grabbers can be used with workstations running Windows, Mac OS or Linux. This article explains how to install Epiphan’s drivers on a Mac laptop or computer and how to start capturing images or video from VGA and DVI sources.
Download drivers from the Epiphan Systems website
- Open a browser from your Mac and visit www.epiphan.com
- Click Support on Epiphan Systems top navigation bar. Select your product by name from the Current Epiphan Products drop down list.
- A list of available downloads is displayed, select from the list of Mac drivers and click the download button.
- Once downloaded (usually found in your “downloads” folder), click the installer icon to start the installation.
- The installer guides you through all installation steps.
- Before performing step 5: Installation enter the root user’s credentials.
- When installation is complete, restart the system.
Connect Equipment and Start Grabbing
- Connect the video source to the video grabber using the appropriate cables and adapters (if needed).
- Connect the video grabber to the Mac using the provided USB cable.
- Start the Epiphan Capture application by clicking it’s icon from the list of installed applications.
- The Epiphan capture application starts and the video grabber immediately starts capturing from the attached source.