May 28, 2008
Epiphan Systems’ KVM2USB is a compact external device that conveys the VGA stream from any host computer to a laptop, while emulating the laptop’s keyboard and mouse outputs. It is made to be a complete replacement for a monitor, mouse, and keyboard. KVM2USB works with virtually any computerized machine or embedded system, including servers, medical devices and ATMs.
Since KVM2USB’s release in February, 2006, Epiphan has received many comments from customers on ways to improve this device. Today Epiphan releases a new version of the KVM2USB with the following improvements:
– Frame rate of at least 30fps at all resolutions up to 1280×1024.
– Progressive-scan imaging.
– Faster boot-up time to allow for access to system BIOS.
– On-board RAM buffer.
– Epiphan’s proprietary integrated lossless precompression technology.
– Instant keystroke/mouse response.
– USB and PS/2 keyboard and mouse support. The new KVM2USB retains the physical characteristics of the old version, including color and size. There is now an optional power supply (included) that can be connected to the KVM2USB should the user find that the USB power provided by the host computer is not sufficient to run the device. Despite all the improvements, the price of the new KVM2USB has remained unchanged at US9.95. If you would like to inquire further or purchase the device, please visit the KVM2USB product page or contact us at:
Phone: + 1 (877) 599-6581
International Phone: + 1 (613) 599-6581
Fax: + 1 (613) 482-4613
Epiphan Video produces world-class, award-winning audio visual solutions to capture, scale, mix, encode, stream, record and play high resolution video including 4K UHD. Our customers include companies that specialize in live event production, education, healthcare, worship, manufacturing, usability, collaboration, security and transportation.
Epiphan’s field-proven product line includes live video production and video streaming systems, external USB-based video grabbers for capturing video and graphics from DVI, HDMI™, SDI and VGA sources and internal video capture cards. Our products are designed in North America and backed by rock-solid technical support.
Epiphan Video is a trade name of Epiphan Systems Inc., a privately owned company incorporated in 2003. Epiphan is based in Palo Alto, California, USA and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with regional offices and a network of authorized channel partners and OEMs throughout the world. For more information, please visit www.epiphan.com.