April 21, 2011
April 21, 2011, Ottawa, Canada — Epiphan Systems Inc., a leader in products for the capture, recording and streaming of ultra sound imaging for medical education, will exhibit its next generation Mediphan ultra sound image capture systems April 29-30 at the First World Congress on Ultrasound in Medical Education (http://www.wcume.org/) – in Columbia, South Carolina. Customers and business partners can visit Epiphan’s booth for demonstrations of Epiphan’s products and solutions for the capture, recording, broadcast and streaming of ultrasound imaging.
- MedRecorder™ II: Mediphan’s next generation portable recording appliance that can be used to record an ultrasound system’s display output, an audio annotations source, and optional camera. Along with the ultrasound display, the analog camera source can provide visuals of the ultrasound device operator’s hand, or a panoramic view of the patient. MedRecorder II will also have external remote control devices such as foot pedals, clickers and Epiphan’s new EpiphanTouch, an application for iPAD, iPhone and iTouch that is used to control MedRecorder and MedRecorder II. MedRecorder II comes with 128G or 256G of internal storage.
- DistanceDoc™ II: Mediphan’s next generation portable streaming appliance that can be used to live stream an ultrasound system’s VGA/DVI or HDMI™ display output, an audio annotations source and an optional camera source. The analog camera source can be used to provide visuals of the ultrasound device operator’s hand, or a panoramic view of the patient or the attending professional. In addition to streaming, DistanceDoc II can also record the images being streamed to an internal storage device, or to a USB connected flash drive. DistanceDoc II will also have external remote control devices such as foot pedals, clickers as well as Epiphan’s new EpiphanTouch, an application for iPAD, iPhone and iTouch that is used to control DistanceDoc and DistanceDoc II. DistanceDoc II comes with 4 G of internal storage.
- EpiphanTouch™ App : a new application for the iPad, iTouch and iPhone. EpiphanTouch that lets users remotely control and administer MedRecorder, MedRecorder II, Distance Doc, VGA2Ethernet and other Epiphan video recording appliances.
- Epiphan VGA2Ethernet™ App : a new application for the iPad, iTouch and iPhone that lets users remotely view, control and take snapshots of ultrasound images using a VGA2Ethernet connected to an ultrasound system. Users can view live ultrasound images and save snap shots of images to their local iPAD, iTouch, iPhone photo albums.
- Frame Grabbers : a family of frame grabber that make an ultrasound machine display appear to be a camera source to professional audio-video content production applications such as FinalCut, Camtasia, Adobe Connect and other training content creation tools. The Epiphan high resolution frame grabbers are designed to support the capture, recording and replay of hi resolution ultrasound images for medical training and education applications.
- VGA Printer™ : a One-Touch Specialized Video Source Printing Solution print solution that can print a Ultrasound display from a VGA, DVI or HDMI video signal output to a standard postscript printer with a push of a button. A great solution to create printed images for patient billing records.
- VGA/DVI Grid™ : Non-obtrusively relays, synchronizes, timestamps, records, streams and/or replays one or more ultra sound (DVI or VGA or HDMI) display signals one or more or attendant camera sources onto any number of display channels. Ideal for ultra sound clinics and training facilities that want to record, share and replay ultrasound equipment display images, camera sources and views for clinical and medical training. A great solution to create billing records.
- VGA Recorder Pro™ : Screen, Video and Audio Recording for medical training video creation. Supports screen and video camera input, synchronized picture on picture overlays with optional branding logo window, and time-stamping window for creating medical training video content. In addition to the ultrasound display, the analog camera source can provide a view of the presenter, the ultrasound device operator’s hand, or a panoramic view of the patient.
Epiphan Video produces world-class, award-winning audio visual solutions to capture, scale, mix, encode, stream, record and play high resolution video including 4K UHD. Our customers include companies that specialize in live event production, education, healthcare, worship, manufacturing, usability, collaboration, security and transportation.
Epiphan’s field-proven product line includes live video production and video streaming systems, external USB-based video grabbers for capturing video and graphics from DVI, HDMI™, SDI and VGA sources and internal video capture cards. Our products are designed in North America and backed by rock-solid technical support.
Epiphan Video is a trade name of Epiphan Systems Inc., a privately owned company incorporated in 2003. Epiphan is based in Palo Alto, California, USA and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with regional offices and a network of authorized channel partners and OEMs throughout the world. For more information, please visit www.epiphan.com.