May 14, 2012
May 14, 2012, Ottawa, Canada: Epiphan Systems Inc., innovator in video signal source processing products, announced today the general availability of VGADVI BroadcasterTM, a stand-alone appliance for streaming and/or recording video display and camera sources. VGADVI Broadcaster captures an HD video source such as a computer monitor, RADAR display or ultrasound monitor as well as an SD video source such as a camera feed. VGADVI Broadcaster then streams these inputs as two synchronized time-stamped streams or one picture-in-picture stream. The streams can be viewed remotely in a multitude of ways, including through web browsers, media players, or mobile devices. A recording of the streams can also be made. VGADVI Broadcaster is easy to setup and use, and works straight out of the box. It does not require the use of a computer or any additional equipment – simply power it on to start recording.
HD + SD Video Audio Capture
VGADVI Broadcaster captures an HD video source (up to 1920×1200) channel from a VGA/DVI/HDMI™1 display or camera, in parallel with an analog S-Video/Composite (PAL, NTSC) SD video source channel and a stereo/mono audio source.
VGADVI Broadcaster Key Features
- Capture from DVI, VGA, HDMI sources
- Capture from RGB/BNC, component, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt video sources using adapters, purchased separately2
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
- Stream input channels as a single stream or two independent streams in Full HD 1080p at 30 fps
- View in Standard browser of choice via URL of choice of : HTTP, RTP over RTSP, UDP
- Records channel stream on its 32GB internal storage, network storage, internal FTP server, external FTP site and/or local USB storage key.
- View Live broadcasted streams via Web Browser, Media Player, or Mobile Device.
- Extended CDN/Publish to Web Compatibility
VGADVI Broadcaster is Ideal for:
- Broadcasting and recording full motion HD video in 100% lossless quality
- Broadcasting and recoding any monitor image, including medical images, educational materials, presentations, podcasts, scientific equipment, embedded devices and other equipment
- Integrating into capture systems, streaming servers, embedded systems
VGADVI Broadcaster Pricing and Availability
For more information, please visit the VGADVI Broadcaster product page.
1 HDMI to DVI adapter provided, HDMI support limited to non copy protected content, and does not include digital audio source. 2 Video only. No audio support. Thunderbolt signal must be in DVI mode.
Epiphan Video produces world-class, award-winning audio visual solutions to capture, scale, mix, encode, stream, record and play high resolution video including 4K UHD. Our customers include companies that specialize in live event production, education, healthcare, worship, manufacturing, usability, collaboration, security and transportation.
Epiphan’s field-proven product line includes live video production and video streaming systems, external USB-based video grabbers for capturing video and graphics from DVI, HDMI™, SDI and VGA sources and internal video capture cards. Our products are designed in North America and backed by rock-solid technical support.
Epiphan Video is a trade name of Epiphan Systems Inc., a privately owned company incorporated in 2003. Epiphan is based in Palo Alto, California, USA and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with regional offices and a network of authorized channel partners and OEMs throughout the world. For more information, please visit www.epiphan.com.