Webcaster X2 - Accessories

HAPPY TO REPORT
Anker PowerCore 13000 mAh Works perfect.:smile::+1:
Placed it on top with velcro. :clap:
Bye, bye Epiphan´s brand placement :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Excellent, happy to hear it is working!

Very compact and sleek, nice!

I picked up a Rii i8+ Wireless keyboard after watching the Multi Camera video on YouTube last week. Lightened up my kit by dumping a full size USB keyboard, mouse, and mousepad.

I think a mini wireless keyboard is the most important item shown above. I’d go so far as to say one is required to get the full use of a Webcaster X2.

2 Likes

Did my first livestream for our dance team’s annual dinner get-together. Used X2 to stream directly to a private fb group, and Logitech 920 + Canon R800 camcorder - one following the slide presentation, and the other on the speaker. Got a small wireless keyboard and it works well for a portable rig. Everything apart from the tripod fits in a smallish plastic storage tub that fits under one arm! The stream was flawless (good wired ethernet connection). I can’t recommend enough the use of a keyboard along with the X2 if at all possible.

2 Likes

More on USB audio devices.

For quite a while I thought my X2 was broken in some way, because I got no audio on the HDMI monitor out when trying the USB audio device. This past weekend I finally got around to checking whether it was still being output to the stream, and it was! This was confusing since the HDMI audio was getting through (though at the wrong sample rate) to the HDMI monitor out.

I then tried an old Radio Shack XLR to USB audio device I’d had for some years, and it too works - so I have a cheap way of connecting an XLR input to the webcaster!

BTW, I found this when searching Radio Shack online. It looks a lot like the Sabrent, and currently on sale for USD6: https://www.radioshack.com/products/gigaware-3-5mm-to-usb-adapter .

It really would be great if you could finagle the USB audio drivers to be audible via the HDMI monitor out though.

This cable works great. You can use it to plug in the Webcaster X2 top an Anker battery. To your portable monitor and to the Revesun PIP video switcher (Switches seemless to any source like a pc, mobile phone or tablet with graphics for product placement, scoreboards, etc or/and a second camera if you add a simple switch) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9SFSFS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Try this clams. Great for firmly mounting your Webcaster X2, Anker Battery, 7 inch monitor, 922c Logitech webcam… all to a manfrotto tripod neck and be completely mobile (placing your tripod legs stretched all together as a mono pod) with you camera of choice. I use a panasonic gx85 The first clamp with female screws has a bigger gap so you can hold your Anker battery to the manfrotto tripod neck. Having previously screwed the clamp with male screws to one of the corners of the first clamp as shown in picture you can hold firmly your Webcaster X2. This second clamp with male screws can let you mount a webcam with female thread like the logitech 920C or 922C. That way you can have a wide image shot and use your camera for a closeup shot and switch with your portable keyboard. STILL BULKY but with every thing firmly attached with no worries on dropping equipment as you move.

Trying out this more compact setup. Used a led light ball head to place 7 inch portable monitor straight up and close to the tripod neck just to check start/end streaming and video signal (sometimes video signal is not detected and have to restart the webcaster)

1 Like

We’d like to share another mobile setup using the Webcaster X2. We actually just did a mobile live stream with this exact setup, you can check it out here.

Here are some photos and setup description:

• We mounted our Canon XF205 camera onto this Morros rig. One end of the rig rests on the camera operator’s shoulder and the other end is held by two hands.
  • We then used a series of clamps to mount the Webcaster X2, an LTE Modem, and an Anker battery (zip ties for the battery).
  • To give the Webcaster X2 a hardwired internet connection (via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi), we added a USB Router, connecting the modem and the Webcaster.
  • Connected a corded microphone via 3.5mm jack to the camera.
  • Added a video light on a hot shoe mount on top of the camera for good measure.

Here are a few more pictures of our beautiful monster:

1 Like

Hi, have you had a chance to test it long enough to get some times on how long will that pack hold out?

Hours and hours. So long as 3 hours I have use it but from other experiences I am thinking it will last about 8 to 10 hours, maybe more. Webcaster X2 does not consume much power. It does need at least a 2.1Amp batery or 3amp if you use a USB sound card as I do. I really recommend this anker battery because of it size. Wish it was thinner but you can’t have it all on 2019.

1 Like

So I decided to make my own mount for the webcaster x2! It is my first prototype, it needs some minor tweaking but overall I think it works like a charm! im going to see if making a few adjustments with a file or sanding it down a little in some key areas will make it final, or it may need a couple of extra mm here or there. I think this is definitely a good option if you are looking for a more pro way of mounting it to a cage or even on a stationary camera on a tripod.

Wanted to add more pics, but as a new user it only lets me upload one per post.

Thoughts?

1 Like

That’s looking really nice! I would recommend uploading it to thingiverse once you’re happy with it!

it needs some minor adjustments, after a few days the cable ties have molded the top part to fit perfectly now. but i think the issue lies in the curvature of the corners. is there any chance you could send a flat surface image of an x2? I actually created this thing using photoshop, and with a picture so I wasnt expecting perfection right off the bat LOL. Obviously if the picture is not perfect by any amount of minimal degree it throws off the corners.

If I can get the corners right I can call this done.

Unfortunately I don’t have any assets here to provide, but I did use the office scanner here to scan the Webcaster X2 along with a ruler for scale.

1 Like

thanks! hopefully I can finish this up now and see what I can do next.

Happy to help! Hope the next version is perfect!

Possible problem with Revesun switcher

Yesterday I used the Revesun switcher recommended by Epiphan for a presentation by a speaker using a Powerpoint slideshow. I’d tested this set-up previously for a shorter time with no problems.
My hdmi inputs into the Revesun were a Canon Vixia hf r800 and a laptop that was hooked up to splitter which sent the Powerpoint out to a projector and also to one of the the Revesun input ports. Everything worked fine until about 20 minutes in when I got the error message (if I remember correctly) “Your live stream was stopped remotely.”

The live stream then stopped even though the X2 LED kept blinking. I tried several times to restart the stream, and, again, although the LED would start blinking, nothing was being streamed out.

Anyone have a similar experience with a Revesun switcher? Thanks in advance for any advice.