Very weird BUG about Streaming on Youtube, Buffering and the color BLACK

Hi Guys! I’ve discovered a very weird bug about Webcaster X2 (i think it’s a bug because it’s a quite inexplicable behaviour).
I’m streaming on Youtube with Webcaster X2 through the HDMI input. So (if i do not get wrong) whatever it goes into the HDMI input it will be on youtube. And it’s actually like that but… if i try to stream a full black (#OOOOOO) screen the youtube streaming goes buffering.

I’ll try to explain the situation in an other way: i’m streaming with my webcam and everything is perfect then with OBS i put a black rectangle (sized as screen) over the image and the streaming on youtube starts to buffer.

Something interesting that i discovered in the tests and that may help you in someway:

• I have the same bug if i phisically cover my webcam with a black stuff (or a very close finger), streaming the same thing that i’ll stream if i stream a black rectangle.
  • If i add the rectangle through fading (i tried from 0,1s to 10s) , everything goes ok until some frames before the total black and then buffering
  • It’s not just the black color. It has the same behaviour with other colors. Not all the colors, anyway, but only the #XXYYZZ where XX and YY < 70.
  • It’s not a problem of OBS. I tried this: I turned OBS OFF and, as it should be, Webcaster X2 streams the desktop background image. And if i put a whole black image as desktop background…VOILA’ here comes the buffering
  • If i put a small black rectangle over my webcam stream, no problem. If i make the rectangle bigger no problem, until it comes to a certain size and then buffering!

It is very important for me to solve this, since on my project i need to stream a jpeg that is big black rectangle with a small white text but , apparently, for Webcaster X2 there is “too much black” on that jpeg and youtube starts to buffer.

Thank you so much for every help,
Francesco

Can you run the same test on Facebook? This could be how Youtube is dealing with transcode of a ‘blank’ image.
The Webcaster itself will stream even without an input signal at all.