Hi Guys! I’ve discovered a very weird bug about Webcaster X2 (i think it’s a bug because it’s a quite inexplicable behaviour).
I’m streaming on Youtube with Webcaster X2 through the HDMI input. So (if i do not get wrong) whatever it goes into the HDMI input it will be on youtube. And it’s actually like that but… if i try to stream a full black (#OOOOOO) screen the youtube streaming goes buffering.
I’ll try to explain the situation in an other way: i’m streaming with my webcam and everything is perfect then with OBS i put a black rectangle (sized as screen) over the image and the streaming on youtube starts to buffer.
Something interesting that i discovered in the tests and that may help you in someway:
- I have the same bug if i phisically cover my webcam with a black stuff (or a very close finger), streaming the same thing that i’ll stream if i stream a black rectangle.
- If i add the rectangle through fading (i tried from 0,1s to 10s) , everything goes ok until some frames before the total black and then buffering
- It’s not just the black color. It has the same behaviour with other colors. Not all the colors, anyway, but only the #XXYYZZ where XX and YY < 70.
- It’s not a problem of OBS. I tried this: I turned OBS OFF and, as it should be, Webcaster X2 streams the desktop background image. And if i put a whole black image as desktop background…VOILA’ here comes the buffering
- If i put a small black rectangle over my webcam stream, no problem. If i make the rectangle bigger no problem, until it comes to a certain size and then buffering!
It is very important for me to solve this, since on my project i need to stream a jpeg that is big black rectangle with a small white text but , apparently, for Webcaster X2 there is “too much black” on that jpeg and youtube starts to buffer.
Thank you so much for every help,