TAB Switch between HDMI and Webcam responds very slow!

Using a Sony HDR-CX260v Camcorder for HDMI and a Logitech C920 Webcam. As stream is on longer, there is increased time from when TAB key is pushed and switching of view from from either camera. It can be 2-3 minutes or longer before the cameras switch. Same problem also occurs when using the picture in picture feature. Pressing any of the position buttons, 1 through 4 and it can take the same amount of time for the feature to display. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior and has and suggestions for solutions.

1 Like

I have seen this. I’m suspicious that the camera I’m using is sending 1080p60 to the webcaster. Is that possible?

Just checked and my Sony HDR-CX-260, and resolution is set to 1080p60. The only other option I can see is 1080i60 which is not supported by the Webcaster X2.

I occasionally see some dropped frames as well (sending to YouTube). Could the 1080p 60 Frames option be affecting that as well?

This is very strange behaviour with the tab switching taking so long. To make sure framerates stay up you shouldn’t have to worry about a 1080p60 signal coming in. I would instead recommend going into the preferences of the Webcaster and making sure you set the “USB source resolution” to 1280x720 and then also enabling the option for "Hide UI automatically (better performance).

I’ll try the 1280x720 option for the USB camera though I think I have done that. I have normally left it at 1920x1080. I do believe the UI option is set as you have suggested.

I’m going to disconnect the monitor after setup this next week and see if that makes a difference. I’m streaming a church service to YouTube if anyone is wondering.

Not positive this is the solution and if it is, I don’t understand why it would influence this problem but I was using a network switch to share the network to the X2 and to a laptop PC used to monitor the YouTube feed. By removing the network switch from the setup and having the network directly into the X2, the problem of a delay in the TABing between the two cameras disappeared.

ive seen this happing too while testing for the last 2days . works better for me while streaming , but when offline the problem happens , hope this helps.

I’ve found that after the last update (which added the network portal login enhancements) this problem went away. Maybe some other code cleanup happened in that release?

I should say that I ran the stream for 90 minutes without any issues whatsover. Love that webcaster :slight_smile: