No storage detected after firmware update

Hi there,

today I’ve performed firmware update (version 4.5.1e) on an Epiphan Pearl. Everything has been going OK, no errors. But at the reboot, I’ve got the error NO STORAGE DETECTED. I’ve tried a disk check, with this error: Storage cannot be formatted in state nodev. I tried a factory reset, same errors. Before updating firmware the device was perfect, no issues.

Thanks for support!
Roberto

Hello Reberto,

Sorry to see that you’re running into issues with your Pearl.
For this level of technical troubleshooting pertaining to your unit, please email info@epiphan.com with the serial number of your unit and a screenshot of the Web UI so that we can further assist you and investigate the issue

Hi,

after firmware update (4.5.1e) i see at all channels and recorders “Can´t retrieve recorder status”
I can´t start recording from the website, and i can´t delete old files.

Jörg

Jörg I’m experiencing the same problem, with Google Chrome. Tray IE, it is ok (I have not tried FF). Strange thing: some PCs with Chrome - same version - had this problem, some others don’t.

OK Mrenaud, I’ìl do that. Thanks

For Recorder status, try clearing browser cache and cookies or trying a different browser for “cant retrieve recorder status” we have seen a couple of instances where after the firmware update caching in the browser causes the issue.

Add another person with issues not being able to download. Trying a different browser got rid of “cant retrieve recorder status” but the zip file was super delayed to the point that I thought it had failed. FTP still worked. This firmware revision seems to have issues. I am not sure I would blame browsers.

On Chrome/firefox a ctrl f5 forces a reload not from cache and allowed download. The time til download starting still seems longer. Did you implement a more aggressive compression level or something on the zip file?

The time to download for the zip file will vary depending on the CPU load of the Pearl as well as the size of the files being downloaded. Collections of larger files can take some time, especially if the Pearl is busy encoding and recording other content at the same time.