Media Transfer problem

My fisrt streaming with webcaster x2 has been yesterday. My audiance was disapointed for crashing images and saound. On my screen there isa message after 1 minutes of streaming. Its media transfer problem. Help me to know how can a deal this. Thanks in advance

I had this same problem using YouTube. It turns out that an unsecured network might block the necessary ports needed to stream, so in my case, at my university, after about 20 seconds, the stream would be stopped and I would get the same message you did.
Once I logged into a secured network, no more problem. Here is what I read about it - hope it helps you.

An Important Note About Network Security and the Epiphan Webcaster X2:
This device utilizes the Android Operating System as its underlying operating system. As such, it is as vulnerable as any Android device would be when it comes to network security. It is important to ensure that you are using the latest firmware, when using the device. A firmware alert will appear at the top of the screen, if the device isn’t up-to-date. Don’t wait to update the firmware when prompted (I updated the firmware twice during my two weeks of testing), it only takes a couple of minutes and is very simple to do. Also, by default, the Epiphan Webcaster X2 has a number of ports that are open (think of them as windows to access the device), all of which are required for the device to communicate with YouTube and Facebook, so there is some level of security risk when operating this device on the open Internet (not behind a firewall and/or NAT). I would not recommend operating this device on a public IP address. Instead, check with your local IT group to ensure the device is places on a private subnet, or have one created if necessary. WAIT! Keep reading… from the above, you may think “Gee, this device doesn’t sound very secure!” The Webcaster X2 is secure, but placing it in a protected area of our enterprise network is the best case scenario for avoiding an unexpected hack. Also, like with all computers, if you don’t use it for six months, and then connect it to the network, it’s probably vulnerable to attack… so update the firmware when it notifies you.

1 Like

Please advice on how to have better quality video on live streaming…
Here is an example on someone using Epiphan products for live streaming and gets better quality.

Before he was using Epiphan AviO 4K encoder and quality wasnt good

Currently I am using 1080p and 4000kbps with 43.8 Mbps upload speed
and cant achieve the same quality

Do you have any samples of streams you have done where the quality was not satisfactory?

In the first video he mentioned he was using AV.io for the main camera shot. The AV.io does not do any encoding, it is just a capture card, whatever software he is using is responsible for the encoding/compression/quality. Without knowing the software encoding settings being used, it is hard to speak to what/why from a quality standpoint.

Webcaster X2 is limited to 4000kbps, if that bitrate is not providing the image quality you are looking for, you may need to look at a more powerful encoder so you can increase the bitrate. For most situations 4000kbps should offer decent image quality, but some content that is hard to compress may need a higher bitrate.
A lot of parts play a roll in image quality, the camera, lighting, encoding settings/method, etc…
We have a few Blog posts and Videos with some tips on quality.

An error for Media Transfer, as mentioned by @nelsonr135, is typically a network issue. Either blocked traffic or low bandwidth.
Try reducing the bitrate to the lowest setting for a test stream and see if that help. Also run a speed test to see what upload speed you are getting. a good rule is bitrate x1.5-2 is the minimum speed required. eg. 2000kbps *2 = 4000kbps/4mbps min upload.

Thanks for your reply.
I think my network is secure (passe word to get in my wifi), morever i’ve alreay updated the firmware. Since my setuping the device, 2 weeks ago. For illustration of my issu, let me show u a picture on this error

Here is a link of my streaming which occured the Media Transfer problem:

Actualy i configureted for 2000bitrate and 1920x1080.

Latest live stream webcaster x2 using 1080p and 4000kbps with 43.8 Mbps upload speed internet.

Great sound with Sabrent USB AU-MMSA conected to a Zoom 4Hn PRO Mics via 3.5mm 1/8 audio cable

Camera Panasonic GX85 with Godox M150LED lamp placed on shoemount

1 Like

For the settings and conditions, it looks exactly as I would expect.
The subject is brightly lit with shadows behind, this lighting means the transitions between light and dark are hard to compress and we see compression artifacts.
In addition the subject is wearing clothing that makes for a hard to compress image, making for a moiré effect.
In a situation like this, try 720p at 4000kbps, it should compress better.

1 Like

Arturo - to echo George, I believe the fine lines on the gentleman’s jacket are requiring a lot of data to compress and reducing overall encode quality. Here is an example to demonstrate:

Your background is quite simple, which is good. Whenever possible solid colour clothing with no patterns is best and will increase perceived quality of encoding.

2 Likes

During the process of media transfer, I have some issues while sharing the files online via email. I used my AOL email account for sharing the images, but the images are not been displayed on the receiver’s email account. I thus reported AOL support to view the issues on my email account. Finally, I got rid of this problem and I resolved this problem.

I was with a problem specifically doing streaming for a specific fanpage

I test with 1 fanpage and 1 perfil of facebook and everything was right. When I tested in the fanpage that I will use to do streaming in that fanpage they appear a window of “media transfer problem”

Why?

Media Transfer Problem, as discussed further up in the thread, is typically a network issue. Either blocked traffic or low bandwidth.
Try reducing the bitrate to the lowest setting for a test stream and see if that help. Also run a speed test to see what upload speed you are getting. a good rule is bitrate x1.5-2 is the minimum speed required. eg. 2000kbps *2 = 4000kbps/4mbps min upload.

If you have a slow or inconsistent upload bandwidth it’s possible that your network may not support streaming at that current speed. Another thing you can try, if you are trying to stream using WIFI is to do a direct LAN connection for a more stable and reliable connection.

Mrenaud is really strange because I can do perfectly stream to my personal profile and some fanpages but I cannot do to the only fanpage that I want.

I have 100 mb down and 8 mb up of internet speed.

Please help me!

If the issues is related specifically to one fan page and not any other pages, it could be a permissions issue. The API only officially allows a person to stream to a page or group if they are an administrator of the page. You may need to open a help ticket/support ticket with Facebook regarding your issue.

I found the problema. Was the quantity of pages that i have.

I have 2 webcaster x2, one has every update installed and the other has not yet done the last update, I use the same internet connection (one at a time though) on both also used the same camera but keep getting media transfer problems with the one that has the all updates installed, need help

A media transfer problem would be the Webcaster X2 unable to push the encoded data to the destination server. This could be anything in between; network, firewall, or internet connection. For example it could be wifi reception, so try ethernet. It could be firewall, so test on a DMZ (demilitarized zone). Or it could be internet speeds, so try running a speedtest https://www.google.com/search?q=speedtest