Logitech Brio on Webcaster X2 (Glitches)

Hello,
I’ve been using the Logitech C920 as a main camera for streaming events flawlessly.
I was a little bit limited by the angle, therefore i went on to try the Logitech BRIO 4K – After activating the 90 degrees on Windows, parameters where saved to the cam and i was able to use it on the webcaster with this angle. I’m left with a very irritating problem, i’ve random glitches both on the preview while not streaming and streaming. Sometimes is one every 30-60 seconds, sometimes is 3-4 times in a row …

I would love to keep this setup but the glitches … hmm … not good ^^

Any advices ? Would an update be able to fix it ? any other people facing the same problem ?

This could be due to the USB 3 nature of the camera perhaps, though I have not tried the Brio myself to know. I would recommend trying to set the incoming resolution of the camera to 720p to see if this helps. This setting is available under Preferences.

Oh i see, i’ve tried, yet i have still some glithes. Also does it mean the Brio 4K is not recommended for the webcaster X2 ?
Yann

Unfortunately we don’t have a list of specifically recommended or not recommended USB cameras.

Can I ask, are you seeing the issues on the local HDMI monitor, on the stream (via facebook/youtube, etc) or both?

I see the glitches on both. And also when not streaming

Can you try setting the encoding resolution to 720p also? This way it matches the 720p setting for the USB camera resolution. We can then avoid the CPU overhead of scaling and encoding at 1080p, hopefully this would help further.

720P both source and encoding results also in glitches … very troubling …

Sorry to hear this, it may be that the Brio is not very compatible with the Webcaster X2 unfortunately. Something like the C920 you mentioned using is probably a better choice, as these are native USB 2 like the Webcaster’s own ports.

Ok Georges,
In fact I tried modifying USB source all the way down to the lowest
resolution. And it does not affect anything … Strange.
Yet I can also confirm that at the lowest encoding resolution though, and
also 360p there is no glitches.
Do you think I could trick the USB from the brio through an unpowered USB
hub for example ?

Also I thought that this might occur because of the HDR processing that is
happening on this model.

Yann

Unfortunately there wouldn’t be any way for you to fix this compatibility issue. Sorry to say, but a USB hub wouldn’t really contribute anything here.

Oki,
I will live with it, maybe an update from Logitech might fix it, one day. The sound is so much better with the brio than the C920.