We’re excited to announce that firmware update 4.13 is released for Pearl-2 and Pearl Mini. It includes these new features:
- Epiphan Cloud support.
- Network diagnostics and troubleshooting tools like speed-test are added to the touch screen and Admin panel.
- Scheduling recorded video file uploads.
- DHCP Options 81 (FQDN) and Dynamic DNS (DDNS) support.
- Panopto low storage alerts.
- NDI resource discovery across subnets and external networks. (Pearl-2 only)
- SHA-256 and SHA-512 hashing algorithm support for HLS (push) and MPEG-DASH steams.
IMPORTANT: Changes affecting remote login and AV Studio
On December 8th, AV Studio was replaced by the Epiphan Cloud remote device management platform. With Pearl firmware update 4.13 installed, you’ll now see Epiphan Cloud instead of AV Studio in the Admin panel. Any devices that were paired to AV Studio migrated over to Epiphan Cloud. You can login to Epiphan Cloud using your AV Studio credentials at https://go.epiphan.cloud
The video post-production tools were not carried over to the new platform. Previously uploaded recordings and scenes related to AV Studio’s post-production tools are not accessible from Epiphan Cloud.
The Epiphan Cloud free plan does not include remote login. A Pro plan is needed for full administrator access to a paired Pearl system. Click here for more information about Epiphan Cloud plans.
We’re sorry to say good-bye to AV Studio and apologize for any inconveniences experienced. We value our customers. In the coming months, look forward to more features as we continue to develop Epiphan Cloud into a world-class remote management tool that provides remote teams access to streaming and recording control, confidence monitoring, health alerts, and more.