DVI2USB 3.0 - Error 0x00000005 driver package

Hi,

I am trying to install the DVI2USB 3.0 driver 3.30 on Windows workstation (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and it does not go through (same with 3.29).

I get the Error 0x00000005 driver package error message on both systems.

The DVI2USB device was originally used on a different computer (which was running an older driver version).

Does somebody know how to address that problem?

The Error code 0x00000005 is caused by one of two possibilities:

1. If you are attempting to install the drivers still within the contained Zipped folder, you will need to first extract the files from the compressed folder.

2. If you are attempting to install the drivers on a domain account or domain account with admin privileges.
    Our drivers need to be installed on the local administrator account of the computer. If the drivers are attempted to be installed on a domain account, the software will install but the drivers will not install and be recognized by our Epiphan devices.

If you are running into this issue despite the steps above you have taken, It’s possible it could be a reboot or permissions issue not being recognized. please follow these steps to ensure the drivers are correctly installed
For software related issues on Windows, try this process for installing:

-unplug the device, and keep it unplugged for now
-make sure you are logged into a local account with administrative privileges
-close all other programs and windows
-extract the .zip file
-right click on Setup.exe and run it as an administrator
-there may be a pop up asking whether you want to install the driver, click Install
-restart the computer after the installation is complete
-plug the device into the computer

I know this is an old thread, but having had this problem myself, here are a couple of other suggestions.

1. Having logged in to an account with administrator rights, don’t just run the installer. Instead, right click on it and Run as administrator.

2. Beware of any group policy rules that may be blocking the installer. In particular, the installer unpacks some files into your “temp” directory. If you are blocked from running executables from that directory, the installer may fail.