Pearl 4.9.0 brings exciting enhancements to our Pearl-2 and Pearl Mini encoders. The showstopper? Full integration with Panopto, a market-leading enterprise video platform.
Panopto makes it easy for companies and schools to record, stream, manage, and share videos across their teams. Epiphan’s all-in-one encoders offer Panopto users additional functions for easy, reliable recording and streaming of lectures, conferences, corporate meetings, and more.
With a shared focus on ease of use, Epiphan and Panopto are a likely pair. Panopto’s Content Management System (CMS) offers simplified tools for creating and managing searchable video libraries. Epiphan’s Pearl encoders are easy to set up – with plug-and-play functionality and a straightforward, browser-based network interface – and are equipped with intuitive touch-screen controls for simple operation. It’s a perfect match!
Pearl/Panopto integration in practice
Our Pearl-2 and Pearl Mini encoders can act as primary or secondary remote recorders for recording or streaming scheduled, recurring, or on-demand content through Panopto. Registering Pearl to Panopto is a breeze and unlocks tons of flexibility. The Pearl family supports a wide range of video and audio inputs, multicast streaming, and the ability to record up to six channels at resolutions ranging from 480p to 4K.
Users can log into Panopto right from the Pearl touch screen thanks to the full virtual keyboard we added in 4.9 for use with Panopto and Kaltura. Logged-in users’ videos are automatically uploaded to their Panopto account, saving the administrator from having to manually push files to folders post recording. Pearl touch screens also allow real-time monitoring of video and audio channels, so users can be confident their recording or stream is underway without issue.
What else is new in 4.9
Release 4.9 introduces a handful of other features to our Pearl products:
- Enhanced integration with Kaltura: Now Kaltura users can authenticate with Kaltura and create ad hoc recordings and webcasts from the Pearl-2 or Pearl Mini touch screen.
- Temperature/CPU load toggle: We’ve added an option to the Settings menu to switch between display of current unit temperature and CPU load.
- EDID verification: When users power on the Pearl-2 or Pearl Mini, the device will automatically verify the EDID of each input source.
- Automatic file upload (AFU) queue deletion confirmation: A new confirmation prompt when users delete files from the AFU queue minimizes the chance of accidental deletions.
- Color space improvements: The Pearl-2 now supports color space 4:2:2 (YCBCR) for 12G and improved color space for 6G SDI, as well as color space 4:4:4 (YCBCR) 10 bit for 12G and 6G SDI.
Reach out to your account representative for more information about the capabilities of Pearl/Panopto integration.
New to Epiphan? Explore our website to learn more about what our Pearl product line can do for your business.